What is the Me Luna Classic Shorty?
The Me Luna offers hygienic and reliable menstrual protection!
The Me Luna menstrual cup is a receptacle placed in the vagina to collect blood and cellular debris that is extruded from the uterus via the cervix during menstruation. Me Luna cups are made in Germany and manufactured from high-quality medical-grade thermoplastic elastomer (TPE).
The Me Luna® SHORTY Cups are around 30% shorter than most standard-sized menstrual cups. The reduced length of the Me Luna Shorty makes it a particularly good choice for women who:
- have a very low cervix during menstruation and find that standard-sized cups tend to fall out
- have a very short vaginal canal
- have a prolapsed uterus
This cup is NOT recommended for women who have a high cervix since it will be difficult to remove as it travels higher up the vaginal canal. The firmness of the Classic Shorty is the same as the regular length Me Luna Classic (between the soft and the sport). However, the cone shape of the Shorty means it will pop open more strongly and have a slightly firmer seal. For this reason, removal may require a little more practice in some circumstances.
It is also worth remembering that due to the reduced length of the Me Luna Shorty, the total cup capacity will be at least 10ml less across all sizes. If you have a heavy flow and need a short cup, you will need to empty it more frequently throughout the day.
Me Luna Shorty Features:
- 30% shorter than most standard menstrual cups
- Rim is optimised to help avoid leakage
- Matt finish and grip rings at the base of the cup to make removal easier
- Ring grip for simple location and removal of the cup (Me Luna Nupsiand Cotton Cord can be used to make removal even easier)
- Available in 4 sizes to accommodate different ages and levels of flow
- Made from TPE which is guaranteed to be free of plasticizers, bleaching agents, absorbent gels, silicone, latex, proteins, phthalates, alkylphenol, PVC, and BPA.
- Each Me Luna comes with its own microfibre storage bag
- Made in Germany
- Reusable for several years
Choose the Size S if:
● You are a young woman or teen with very good pelvic floor muscle tone
● You have lighter periods
● You only use the smallest size tampons
● You have not had sexual intercourse
● You have not had children
● Capacity to 15ml to rim and 8ml to holes
Choose the Size M if:
● You are over the age of 20 and have a normal to medium level of flow.
● You normally use regular size tampons and rarely need larger tampons
● You have not given birth
● You have given birth but have light periods
● You have normal pelvic floor muscle tone
● Capacity to 18ml to rim and 10ml to holes
Choose the Size L if:
● You are over the age of 30
● You have given birth and/or have heavier periods
● You mainly use larger tampons
● You have average to weak pelvic floor muscles
● Capacity to 22ml to rim and 14ml to holes
Choose the Size XL if:
● You are over the age of 30
● You have given birth and/or have very heavy periods
● You have to regularly change larger tampons
● You have weak pelvic floor muscles
● Capacity to 27ml to rim and 16ml to holes
How to use the Me Luna Cup:
- Please sterilise your Me Luna Cup before first use.
- Always clean your hands before inserting or removing your Me Luna Cup.
- Decide on the fold that is most comfortable for you and then fold your cup.
- Hold the folded cup and insert into the vagina. This can be done while sitting, standing, or squatting.
- If insertion is difficult, you can use a little water or water-based lubricant around the rim of the cup to help it slide in easier.
- You will find the most comfortable position for your cup over time. Some women prefer it positioned closer to their cervix, and others prefer it closer to the vaginal opening. It should however not be too shallow, as it may create discomfort while sitting.
- To avoid potential leaking, ensure your cup has completely opened after insertion. You can check this by rotating the cup 360 degrees or by following the rim of the cup with your finger.
It is usually sufficient to empty, clean, and re-insert your Me Luna cup every 8 hours, however, this may need to be more frequent on your heavier days, depending on your level of flow.
It is normal for the Me Luna to shift slightly or move up and down within your vagina due to the natural motion of your vaginal muscles. This movement is simply the cup finding its ‘sweet spot’ and will not affect the functionality or comfort.
- Wash your hands
- Relax your lower abdominal and vaginal muscles.
- Remove the menstrual cup by slightly squeezing it together with your fingers. This will release the suction and allow you to remove it from the vagina. The ring grip should not be used for pulling out your Me Luna cup. The grip is for guiding your fingers to the base of the cup.
- After removal, empty the cup and clean it according to the Me Luna cleaning instructions. Then re-fold and re-insert.
Insertion, positioning, and removal of your Me Luna cup is a learning curve. Some women achieve success immediately, while it may take 2-3 cycles for others. Be patient and take your time.
The Me Luna should be replaced when any signs of wear or damage are observed.
How to Clean the Me Luna Cup:
During your period it is sufficient to clean your Me Luna with a mild soap or detergent and water. Simply lather the cup for approximately 1 minute. After using soap or detergent, please be sure to rinse with clear, running water to remove any traces of soap. You may also like to use the Me Luna cleaning brushes to help remove debris from the rim holes.
From time to time, you can boil the Me Luna in some vinegar water or saltwater. This prevents stains and deposits. Dry the cup completely before storage. Do not store in an airtight container.
You may disinfect your cup by completely submerging it in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Do not boil dry or let the cup touch the bottom of the pot, as it will melt. Alternatively, use the Me Luna Microwave Sterilisation Cup for quick and easy sterilisation.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.