Disinfecting your menstrual cup has never been so simple. With the Me Luna Foldable Sterilisation Cup, you can quickly and efficiently disinfect your menstrual cup in the microwave.
- Made from food safe, microwavable silicone.
- Suitable for storing your menstrual cup between cycles
- Compact foldable design makes it ideal for travelling
- Suitable for use with all brands of menstrual cup
- Volume: 225 ml
- Dimensions folded: Diameter 80 mm / Height 20 mm
- Dimensions unfolded: Diameter top 80 mm / Diameter bottom 40 mm / Height 85 mm
How to use:
- Place your menstrual cup inside the sterilisation cup.
- Fill with water until your menstrual cup begins to float
- Place the sterilisation cup into a microwave and heat on medium power for 3-5 minutes (Time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave).
- For effective disinfection, the water within the cup must reach boiling point.
- Do not seal the lid of the sterilisation cup, as the built up steam must be able to escape.
- Once heating is finished, the sterilisation cup will be VERY HOT! It is best to leave the sterilisation cup in the microwave to allow the water to cool completely. If you must remove it immediately, use appropriate measures (such as oven mitts or a pot cloth) to carefully take the cup from the microwave, remembering that the water is still almost at boiling temperature.
The Me Luna Sterilisation Cup was specially designed for use in the microwave. The metal rim around the cup is made of uncoated pure stainless steel.
It is commonly believed that metal should not be placed inside an operating microwave. That’s not quite true. In fact the entire interior of a microwave is indeed made of metal. While it is true that you should never put thin metallic foils (like aluminium foil) or cutlery and dishes with metallic decorations in the microwave, and while you should be careful with your pots, pans and other containers, this particular sterilisation cup is safe to heat in the microwave.