What is the Merula XL Cup?
Made in Germany from 100% medical grade silicone, the Merula Menstrual Cup XL is an excellent high capacity option for women with a very heavy flow. As one of the highest capacity cups on the market, the Merula XL can hold up to 50ml of menstrual fluid. This is around 20ml more than most model 2 cup sizes. Not only will this higher capacity mean less bathroom trips throughout your day, the vibrant pink colour and the matching cotton pouch will just make your day feel that little bit brighter.
Unlike most other brands of menstrual cup, the Merula is designed in such a way that it does not need to be completely open after insertion. As long as the edge has opened, the cup itself can be worn in a folded state, while still providing leak free protection. The exterior of the Merula is completely smooth, with no top rim. This makes it more comfortable for women who experience discomfort from other ‘rimmed’ cups. The unique ladder stem can be easily trimmed and allows for easier cup removal. Finally, the lesser vacuum level of the Merula makes this cup suitable for any pelvic floor condition, whether weak or very strong.
Merula XL Features:
- Extra large 50ml volume. Equivalent to 2.5 of the largest commercially available tampons
- Made from 100% medical grade silicone that is free from chemical additives like plasticisers or animal-based ingredients
- Can be successfully worn in a folded up state
- Suitable for weak or strong pelvic floor muscles. Strong pelvic floor muscles will not cause the Merula to lose its shape
- Smooth exterior with no upper rim
- No holes in the rim that require cleaning
- Trimmable ladder style stem, making it suitable for medium to high cervix (Portio) height
- One size fits most
- Includes a cute ‘strawberry print’ cotton storage bag