Introducing the Hey Zomi reusable menstrual disc. Periods really can be easier, care free, and good for the planet. Owned, designed, and made in Australia, the Hey Zomi is a one size disc that is super soft, comfortable, and has a convenient handle to help make removal easier. It comes with a 100% Money Back Guarantee, and just like other menstrual discs, is suction free and can be used for mess free period sex.
Hey Zomi Features:
- Made from 100% super soft and smooth medical grade silicone
- Unique patent protected handle
- Can be worn for up to 8hrs
- One size fits most. The disc will mould to your unique body shape
- Reusable. One disc is all you need and can last for over 5 years with correct care
- No suction. Discs stay in place by sitting up behind your tail bone
- Available in Black or White
- 65mm diameter and 52ml capacity
- Each disc comes with it’s own carry bag for storage between periods
- Made in Australia
IMPORTANT– This is not a contraceptive device! The Hey Zomi disc will only keep menstrual fluid in. It does not protect you from STIs or pregnancy.
What we love about Hey Zomi!
- It’s Aussie designed, owned, & made. What’s not to love about that!
- Black as a colour option. Particularly good to help hide disc staining.
- Great packaging that doesn’t scream ‘sanitary product inside!’. The Hey Zomi box is fun, modern, and recyclable. A great brand to gift.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. What else is there to say?
How to use the Hey Zomi:
It will likely take a few cycles to get the hang of using your Hey Zomi disc. Using liners or period underwear can be a great way to boost your confidence while learning the art of disc use.
- Sterilise your Hey Zomi disc according the care instructions before first use
- Make sure your hands are clean before inserting your disc
- Grip your disc between your thumb and forefinger, pinching the rim at the centre
- The Hey Zomi logo on the inner rim should be pointing towards you and will enter the vagina first, followed by the handle
- Sit over the toilet or gently squat as you insert the disc into your vagina. Guide it in, pushing it back towards your tailbone
- Use your index finger to push the disc in as far as it will go. Then, press upwards underneath the rim and handle to tuck it up behind your pubic bone
- When you stand up, you can check the position of the disc by inserting your finger to check that the rim has remained behind the pubic bone. You can also ‘draw up’ your pelvic floor muscles to help ensure the disc is tucked in place
- If the disc is correctly inserted, you should not feel it.
Depending on your level of flow, you should be able to leave your disc in place for up to 8 hours.
- When it comes time to empty the disc, it is best to sit on the toilet or stand in the shower
- Insert your index finger and hook it in the handle
- Slowly pull your disc out and empty it
- Wash under cold water and then reinsert
How to clean the Hey Zomi:
Your Hey Zomi needs to be sterilised before first use and then at the beginning of each period. This can be done on the stovetop, or in the microwave. You do not need to sterilise each time you empty the disc.
Place your Hey Zomi in a pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. We recommend placing the disc inside a whisk to prevent it from touching the base or sides of the pot and burning.
Place the disc in a mug and cover with water. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from the microwave. You can also use a baby bottle steriliser bag, or menstrual cup steriliser instead of a mug.
During and at the end of your period:
Simply rinse your disc thoroughly under cold water. You can use a mild soap or menstrual cup cleanser if this is your preference, however it is not necessary. Make sure the disc is completely dry before storying in the cotton bag or box.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Hey Zomi is available in White or Black. Choose white if you like to understand your flow and see all the nitty gritty. Choose black if the sight of blood makes you squeamish or if you would like a colour that hides eventual staining of the disc.
When you are away from home and you don’t have access to running water, you can use the ‘auto-dump’ technique. This method allows you to partially empty the disc without fully removing it.
The Hey Zomi is made from 100% medical grade silicone, which is durable and long lasting. If cared for properly, your disc should last for years. However, if you notice any tears, or changes to the look and feel of the silicone, it may be time to replace it.
Yes you can! Just remember that your vagina lengthens when you are aroused, meaning that your disc may sit higher. It can take a few hours for things to return to normal, so it is recommended not to remove your disc immediately following sex.
If you have tried your Hey Zomi for a few cycles without success, we encourage you to reach out to us for troubleshooting tips. If a refund becomes necessary, you can return the disc to us (the cost of returning the disc is the responsibility of the customer). You will then be provided with a product refund (less original postage charges). Please note that all returned discs are disposed of immediately.