What is the Ruby Cup?
Ruby Cup is a healthier, more sustainable, cost-effective, and eco-friendly alternative to pads and tampons. Made from 100% soft, medical-grade silicone, this menstrual cup is comfortable, hygienic and it is reusable for up to 10 years. Best of all, for every Ruby cup you purchase, another cup is donated to a girl in need.
Ruby Cup Features:
- Made from 100% medical grade silicone
- Free from plastics, latex, toxins and bleaches
- Grip rings at the base of the cup for easier removal
- Measuring lines printed on the cup for fluid loss monitoring
- Firm, easy-grip stem to aid in removing your cup
- Registered with the Vegan society
- Holds 3 times the capacity of a super tampon, meaning you can wear the cup for up to 8 hours (depending on your level of flow)
- Comes with an organic cotton storage bag for convenience and includes usage instructions
- Available in 6 great colours: Clear, Blue, Pink, Purple, Black or Red
Buy One, Give One Programme:
Ruby Cup are committed to making periods better for women around the world. For every Ruby Cup sold, they will donate one to a girl in a developing country. Through this simple act of generosity, the life of a girl who may not have access to appropriate sanitary care is drastically improved. Every woman deserves to manage her period safely and with dignity. Learn more about how and where Ruby distribute cups here.
The Ruby Cup is available in 2 sizes.
SMALL: recommended if you have a light to medium flow, and low to average height cervix.
MEDIUM: is recommended if you have a medium to heavy flow and an average to high cervix.
You may also find the following resources helpful:
What is your cervix height?
Determining your Amount of Flow
How to use the Ruby Cup:
Be sure to boil your Ruby cup for 2-3 minutes before using it for the first time. You can also sterilise it using the Ruby Clean microwave steriliser. When starting out on your menstrual cup journey, be patient and relax. It can take a couple of cycles to get used to your new cup.
- Always wash your hands before insertion or removal of your Ruby Cup
- Fold the cup into the ‘C-fold’ (or your other favourite type of fold)
- Gently push the Ruby cup into your vagina so that it is positioned underneath your cervix. Head towards the tip of your tailbone rather than in a ‘straight up’ angle.
- Once inserted, allow the cup to ‘pop’ open and create a suction seal around the vaginal wall.
- Wash your hands
- Gently pull the stem with your fingers and use your stomach muscles to ‘bear down’ and move the Ruby cup downwards until you can grasp the base of the cup.
- Squeeze the base of the cup to release the suction and then carefully remove it.
- Empty, rinse, and reinsert. If you can’t access any water for rinsing your cup, simply wipe it with some toilet tissue. You can then rinse it properly when next able.
Depending on your level of flow, you may need to empty your cup every 4-8 hours.
How to Clean the Ruby Cup:
During your cycle, simply rinse your cup with cold water every time you empty it. It is then ready to re-insert. You do not need to disinfect your cup between uses during your period.
At the end of your cycle, it is recommended to disinfect your cup before storing it away until next time. Rinse your cup and then immerse in a pan or pot of water. Boil for 3-5 minutes being careful that the cup doesn’t touch the base of the pan. You can also sterilise the Ruby cup in the microwave using the portable and handy Ruby Clean Sterilizer.
After sterilising, ensure the cup is completely dry before storing it away in its cotton bag. It should be stored in such a way that it receives some ventilation, so avoid keeping your cup in an airtight container.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.