Ruby Cup is a healthier, more sustainable, cost-effective, and eco-friendly alternative to pads and tampons. Made from 100% soft, medical grade silicone, this menstrual cup is comfortable, hygienic and it is reusable for up to 10 years. Best of all, for every Ruby cup you purchase, another cup is donated to a girl in need.
Ruby Cup Features:
- Made from 100% medical grade silicone
- Free from plastics, latex, toxins and bleaches
- Grip rings at the base of the cup for easier removal
- Measuring lines printed on the cup for fluid loss monitoring
- Firm, easy grip stem to aid in removing your cup
- Registered with the Vegan society
- Holds 3 times the capacity of a super tampon, meaning you can wear the cup for up to 12 hours (depending on your level of flow)
- Comes with an organic cotton storage bag for convenience and includes usage instructions
- Available in 6 great colours: Clear, Blue, Pink, Purple, Black or Red
The Ruby Cup is available in the sizes small and medium. If you have a light flow, then we recommend you purchase the small size. If you have a medium to heavy flow, then it is recommended that you select the medium size.
Buy One, Give One Programme
Ruby Cup are committed to making periods better for women around the world. For every Ruby Cup sold, they will donate one to a girl in a developing country. Through this simple act of generosity, the life of a girl who may not have access to appropriate sanitary care, is drastically improved. Every woman deserves to manage her period safely and with dignity. Learn more about how and where Ruby distribute cups here.
Cleaning and care of your Ruby Menstrual Cup:
During your cycle, simply rinse your cup with cold water every time you empty it. It is then ready to re-insert. You do not need to disinfect your cup between uses during your period.
At the end of your cycle, it is recommended to disinfect your cup before storing it away until next time. Rinse your cup and then immerse in a pan or pot of water. Boil for 3-5 minutes being careful that the cup doesn’t touch the base of the pan. You can also sterilise the Ruby cup in the microwave using the portable and handy Ruby Clean Sterilizer.
After sterilising, ensure the cup is completely dry before storing away in its cotton bag. It should be stored in such a way that it receives some ventilation, so avoid keeping your cup in an airtight container.