The Me Luna Sport offers hygienic and reliable menstrual protection!
We currently only have the Violet colour sport version available.
The Me Luna menstrual cup is a receptacle placed in the vagina to collect blood and cellular debris that is extruded from the uterus via the cervix during menstruation. Me Luna cups are made in Germany and manufactured from high-quality medical grade thermoplastic elastomer (TPE).
Me Luna Sport Features:
- A firmer cup which offers a higher degree of tension
- Firmer cup means perfect unfolding – even if surrounded by super strong pelvic floor muscles!
- Rim is optimised to help avoid leakage
- Suitable for women with a mid or high cervix
- Matt finish and grip rings at the base of the cup to make removal easier
- Ring grip for simple location and removal of the cup (Me Luna Nupsi and Cotton Cord can be used to make removal even easier)
- Available in 4 sizes to accomodate different ages and levels of flow
- Made from TPE which is guaranteed to be free of plasticisers, bleaching agents, absorbent gels, silicone, latex, proteins, phthalates, alkylphenol, PVC, and BPA.
- Each Me Luna comes with it’s own microfibre storage bag
- Made in Germany
- Reusable for several years
The Sport version Me Luna cup is best suited to women who:
- Have an above average level of fitness, or who have very well-toned (strong) pelvic floor muscles.
- Regularly partake in sporting activities such as yoga, horse riding, pilates, weight training, or pole dancing etc.
- Prefer to use a firmer menstrual cup for easier insertion and unfolding, and who have normal pelvic muscle tone.
- Need a cup with a firmer rim and seal to prevent the cup’s suction breaking during physical exertion.
Me Luna Sizing:
Choose the Size S if:
- You are a young woman or teen with very good pelvic floor muscle tone
- You have lighter periods
- You only use the smallest size tampons
- You have not had sexual intercourse
- You have not had children
- Capacity to 23ml to rim and 15ml to holes
Choose the Size M if:
- You are over the age of 20 and have a normal to medium level of flow.
- You normally use regular size tampons and rarely need larger tampons
- You have not given birth
- You have given birth but have light periods
- You have normal pelvic floor muscle tone
- Capacity to 28ml to rim and 20ml to holes
Choose the Size L if:
- You are over the age of 30
- You have given birth and/or have heavier periods
- You mainly use larger tampons
- You have average to weak pelvic floor muscles
- Capacity to 34ml to rim and 24ml to holes
Choose the Size XL if:
- You are over the age of 30
- You have given birth and/or have very heavy periods
- You have to regularly change larger tampons
- You have weak pelvic floor muscles
- Capacity to 42ml to rim and 30ml to holes
Cleaning the Me Luna Menstrual Cup
During your period it is sufficient to clean your Me Luna with a mild soap or detergent and water. Simply lather the cup for approximately 1 minute. After using soap or detergent, please be sure to rinse with clear, running water to remove any traces of soap. You may also like to use the Me Luna cleaning brushes to help remove debris from the rim holes.
From time to time, you can boil the Me Luna in some vinegar water or salt water. This prevents stains and deposits. Dry the cup completely before storage. Do not store in an airtight container.
You may disinfect your cup by completely submerging it in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Do not boil dry or let the cup touch the bottom of the pot, as it will melt. Alternatively, use the Me Luna Microwave Sterilisation Cup for quick and easy sterilisation.
IMPORTANT: Menstrual Cups have been associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). TSS is a rare but serious disease that may cause death. Always read and keep the information contained with your cup. Use only as directed. Discontinue use of this product and consult a GP if you experience any adverse side effects.