What is the XO Flo Cup?
The XO Flo by Gladrags is a high capacity cup which is great for women with a heavy flow!
Made from soft medical grade silicone, the XO Flo cup will collect (rather than absorb) menstrual fluid. Like other cups, the XO Flo can be worn for up to 8 hours (depending on your level of flow) and being reusable, should provide you with several years of period protection. This high capacity cup is also great for women who have a very heavy flow and find that they need to empty regular capacity cups more frequently during the day.
Removal Tip: Grab the stem of the XO Flo as high as possible in order to grasp the cup. The smallest bead at the base of the stem is designed to help you locate the cup, but is not designed to be tugged.
XO Flo Features:
- XO Flo Original holds 38 ml of fluid. This is around 10ml more than most other cup brands (which average around 27ml in the larger models). It’s greater capacity is due to its high rounded shape design.
- XO Flo’s soft beaded stem can be trimmed if it feels too long, but is also super comfortable for those who prefer to leave it untrimmed.
- XO Flo’s patent-pending inner support rings help pop XO Flo open once inserted—no need for a thick, uncomfortable rim like other cups. Support rings also ensure easy removal.
- Includes storage pouch
- Made in the USA from smooth, flexible medical-grade silicone.
Women with a very heavy flow, but who need a very soft cup, may also like to consider the Super Jennie (large size holds 34ml). Because the Super Jennie is much softer, it will require more ‘fiddling’ to open and may not be suitable for women with partial prolapse or poor pelvic floor tone.
XO Flo Mini – best suited to women with a lighter flow, mid cervix, a sensitive bladder (or prone to UTI’s), or women who have not given birth.
XO Flo Original – best suited to women with a heavier flow, high cervix, and those who have given birth.
How to use the XO Flo Cup:
- Thoroughly wash your hands, nails, and your XO Flo in warm water with mild, body-safe soap.
- At the start or end of your cycle, you may boil XO Flo in an open container of water for 5 minutes in order to sterilise it.
- Press the ‘X’ sides of the cup together to fold the cup in half, then fold in half again. This should create a ‘c’ shape or ‘c fold’.
- Gently insert the cup rim-first into the vagina, ensuring it is angled towards the tip of your tailbone.
- Slowly guide the cup to a position where it feels comfortable.
- Release your hold on the cup to allow it to open fully.
- Your XO Flo must be emptied and washed at least every 8 hours. You may need to empty it more frequently depending on your level of flow or day of your menstrual cycle.
- Wash your hands and nails.
- Tug gently on the stem until you can reach the base of the cup.
- If you are having trouble reaching the base of the cup, gently bear down with your internal muscles to help shorten the vaginal canal. This will also help move the cup downwards.
- Squeeze the base of the cup with two fingers to break the seal.
- Gently pull the cup downward, holding it upright to help prevent spills.
- Empty the contents into the toilet.
- Rinse and re-insert.
You DO NOT need to remove the XO Flo before urination or bowel movements
How to Clean the XO Flo Cup:
At the beginning of your cycle, give your cup a thorough wash with mild soap and water before using. You may like to use a menstrual cup cleaner for this task.
During your cycle, always rinse your menstrual cup with water after emptying and before reinsertion.
Once you reach the end of your cycle, wash and disinfect your menstrual cup. You may choose to disinfect your cup by carefully boiling it in an open pan for up to 5 minutes. Note that prolonged boiling may damage your cup. Alternatively, you can sterilise your cup using the Ruby Steriliser or a Microwave Steriliser Bag. Make sure the cup is completely dry before storing it in the drawstring fabric bag provided. It is not recommended to store your menstrual cup in a plastic bag or airtight container.
The XO Flo has two small holes near the top of the cup which should be kept clean. Do not use a toothpick or other sharp objects to clean the holes as this may damage the cup. Instead, submerge the cup in water and squeeze the water out through the holes. It is normal for your menstrual cup to slightly discolour over time. This does not impair its function.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.