What is the Hello Cup?
The Hello Cup Duo Box – 2 cups, 2 bags, 1 box!
For those who are undecided on which size Hello Cup to buy, the duo box offers 2 different sized cups. This ensures you will find the best size for your particular needs. The duo pack is also a more economical option for 2 people (such as mother and daughter), who want to make the switch to a menstrual cup, and each needs a different size. Each cup comes with its own individual storage bag, and there is a selection of colour combinations to choose from.
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Hello Cup is manufactured from high-quality TPE plastic (thermoplastic elastomer). Unlike silicone cups, the Hello Cup is fully recyclable once it reaches the end of its life. The Hello Cup has a completely smooth outer top rim and is comfortable and soft to the touch. It is also hypoallergenic which is great news for women who may have silicone sensitivities.
Most women can wear the Hello Cup for up to 8 hours or overnight. However, if you have a heavy flow, you may need to empty it every 3-4 hours during your heaviest days, and then leave it for up to 8 hours on your lighter days. This is the case for most menstrual cup brands.
Many menstrual cups recommend using a ‘C’ fold for the easiest insertion. The Hello Cup, however, is best inserted using a shallow punchdown fold. It is best that the fold is shallow and does not go all the way down to the bottom of the cup.
Hello Cup Features:
- Made from TPE medical-grade plastic sourced from Germany
- Contains no rubber, latex, PBA’s, or heavy metals
- Dyes used to colour the Hello Cup are certified food grade and comply with EU and FDA standards
- Easy-grip rings to make removal easier
- Toggle stem
- Fun colours
- Variety of sizes for women of all ages and stages
- The special rim of the Hello Cup helps to stop any splashes as you’re removing it
- Can last for up to 5 years
- Fully recyclable – that’s the cup and the packaging!
- FDA registered
- Made in New Zealand
- Cup storage bags included
XS – Specifically designed for younger users, super-fit petite women, or for those that prefer a mini tampon. The XS Hello Cup is slightly smaller than the regular sizes. It is also softer, making insertion and learning to use a menstrual cup a little less daunting.
Small/Medium – the most popular size. This size is recommended for women who are under 35 years of age and who have not given birth. If you are a particularly fit woman with an excellent pelvic floor, then the S/M should be fine for you regardless of age.
Large – If things are a bit roomy up there and you’re over 35 years, this may well be your perfect match.
How to use the Hello Cup:
Before first using your Hello Cup, please sterilise it by either boiling in a pot of water for 3-5 minutes, using a microwave cup steriliser, or by soaking in a solution made with a sterilisation tablet.
- Wash your hands before inserting or removing your Hello Cup
- Sit on the loo or try standing with one foot resting on the toilet seat
- Choose a fold. The ‘punch down’ fold is a Hello Cup favourite
- With a firm hold on your cup, angle it slightly backward toward the tip of your tailbone rather than ‘straight up’. Insert the entire cup into your vaginal canal until it is sitting a bit lower than where you would position a tampon.
- Release your hold on the cup once you have inserted and positioned it. It should now ‘pop’ fully open. To check that it has opened, run your finger around the base of the cup. If you feel any indents, try rotating the cup a couple of times to help it open completely.
- The length of time you can use your Hello Cup before needing to empty it will determine largely on your level of flow. However, you should not wear your cup for more than 8 hours.
- To remove the Hello Cup, locate the base of the cup (don’t pull it out by the stem). Use your thumb and index finger to gently squeeze the base of the cup and release the seal. If you can’t reach your cup, use your muscles to ‘bear down’, or try squatting which will help shorten the vaginal canal.
- Once the seal is broken, gently pull the cup out. Tip the contents into the toilet, rinse and reinsert. If you do not have easy access to a tap, simply wipe the cup with some toilet paper.
How to Clean the Hello Cup:
Your Hello Cup does not need to be boiled or sterilised during your period. This is best done before first using it and then at the end of each period. After sterilisation, allow the cup to air dry and then store it in its bag out of direct sunlight.
During your period, simply rinse the cup under cold water or give it a clean with a menstrual cup cleanser. Ensure any residual cleanser has been completely rinsed off before reinserting the cup.
Some staining is normal in any brand of menstrual cup (especially in lighter colours). To help reduce staining, it is best to rinse your cup in cold water after removing. You can then wash with a mild soap or one of the many menstrual cup washes available. If staining has set in, then you can try using a dilution of white vinegar and water, or lemon juice and water in a 1:2 ratio. Let you cup soak in this mixture overnight and then wash as normal in the morning.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.