The Mia Amika Clean & Store makes sterilising your menstrual cup quick and simple. The collapsible design of the Clean and Store also makes it compact and convenient to store while not in use, or when travelling. The steriliser is suitable for use with most brands of menstrual cups, however, we recommend that you read your particular cups cleaning instructions before using this steriliser. Some cups which are not suitable for microwave sterilisation include the Ziggy Cup and FemmyCycle. Because the cup does not have to be completely covered with water, it is suitable for both long and short cups.
To use the Clean & Store before and after your period:
- Fill the Mia Amika Clean & Store about 3/4 full of clean water. Do not over-fill, otherwise it will overflow during the microwaving time.
- Place the lid loosely on top. DO NOT fully close the lid, otherwise the pressure from the steam may cause a water explosion!
- Place your rinsed menstrual cup into the Clean and Store and then microwave for 3 minutes.
- When finished, we recommend leaving the Clean & Store in the microwave to cool.
- BE CAREFUL not to burn yourself when removing the Clean & Store from the microwave – the water may still be very hot!
- Once the water has cooled, you can remove your menstrual cup. Once your cup is completely dry, store it in it’s cotton bag and it will be ready for when you need to use it next cycle.
- Make sure the Clean & Store is completely dry before folding and storing until next use.