What is the Merula One Size Cup?
Made in Germany from 100% medical-grade silicone, the Merula Cup is an excellent option for women with any cervix height and any degree of pelvic floor strength (or lack of). As one size fits most and one of the highest-capacity cups on the market, the Merula can hold up to 38ml of menstrual fluid. This is around 10-15ml more than most other cup sizes. Not only will this higher capacity mean fewer bathroom trips throughout your day, the vibrant colours and the coordinating cotton pouch will just make your day feel that little bit brighter.
The Merula is designed in such a way that it does not need to be completely open after insertion. As long as the edge has opened, the cup itself can be worn in a folded state, while still providing leak-free protection. The exterior of the Merula is smooth, with no protruding top rim. This makes it more comfortable for women who experience discomfort from other ‘rimmed’ cups. The unique 3 rung ladder stem can be easily trimmed and allows for easier cup removal, and the more spherical shape of the Merula means it is more suited to varying cervix heights. Finally, the lesser vacuum level of the Merula makes this cup suitable for any pelvic floor condition, whether weak or very strong.
If you have a very heavy flow, you may find the 50ml capacity of the Merula XL more suitable.
Merula Cup Features:
- Large 38ml volume
- Made from 100% medical-grade silicone that is free from chemical additives like plasticizers or animal-based ingredients
- Can be successfully worn in a folded upstate
- Suitable for weak or strong pelvic floor muscles. Strong pelvic floor muscles will not cause the Merula to lose its shape
- Smooth exterior with no protruding upper rim
- No holes in the rim that require cleaning
- Trimmable ladder style stem, making it suitable for low to high cervix (Portio) height
- One size fits most
- Includes a cute co-ordinating cotton storage bag