How to use the Me Luna Cup:
1. Please sterilise your Me Luna Cup before first use.
2. Always clean your hands before inserting or removing your Me Luna Cup.
3. Decide on the fold that is most comfortable for you and then fold your cup.
4. Hold the folded cup and insert it into the vagina. This can be done while sitting, standing, or squatting.
5. If insertion is difficult, you can use a little water or water-based lubricant around the rim of the cup to help it slide in easier.
6. You will find the most comfortable position for your cup over time. Some women prefer it positioned closer to their cervix, and others prefer it closer to the vaginal opening. It should however not be too shallow, as it may create discomfort while sitting.
7. To avoid potential leaking, ensure your cup has completely opened after insertion. You can check this by rotating the cup 360 degrees or by following the rim of the cup with your finger.
It is usually sufficient to empty, clean, and re-insert your Me Luna cup every 8 hours, however, this may need to be more frequent on your heavier days, depending on your level of flow.
It is normal for the Me Luna to shift slightly or move up and down within your vagina due to the natural motion of your vaginal muscles. This movement is simply the cup finding its ‘sweet spot’ and will not affect the functionality or comfort.
1. Wash your hands
2. Relax your lower abdominal and vaginal muscles.
3. Remove the menstrual cup by slightly squeezing it together with your fingers. This will release the suction and allow you to remove it from the vagina. The ring grip should not be used for pulling out your Me Luna cup. The grip is for guiding your fingers to the base of the cup.
4. After removal, empty the cup and clean according to the Me Luna cleaning instructions. Then re-fold and re-insert.
Insertion, positioning, and removal of your Me Luna cup is a learning curve. Some women achieve success immediately, while it may take 2-3 cycles for others. Be patient and take your time.
The Me Luna should be replaced when any signs of wear or damage are observed.