What is the Lily Cup?
Lily Cup – Ultra Smooth for Ultra Comfort!
The innovative angled design of the Lily Cup means this menstrual cup will compliment your anatomy while also being one of the few cups that can be rolled as thin as a tampon. The Lily cup’s no-spill rim also allows for less mess removal and emptying of the cup during your cycle, and the smoothness of the medical-grade silicone makes it super comfortable for all-day wear. This is a longer cup and is, therefore, best suited to women with a higher cervix position.
Lily Cup Features:
- 100% Ultra-smooth Medical Grade Silicone
- Non-spill rim
- Easy removal stem
- Good for high cervix position
- Reusable and sustainable
- Can be worn for up to 8 hours or overnight
- Collects rather than absorbs your flow
- Leak-free and odour-free period protection
- Includes a storage pouch for the safekeeping of your cup between cycles
SIZE A – Light Pink
For those who have not given birth or have only given birth via cesarean. A great size if you have a light to moderate flow.
SIZE B – Dark Pink
For those who have given birth vaginally or who have a weaker pelvic floor. A great size if you have a heavy flow.
How to use the Lily Cup:
Before using your Lily Cup for the first time, it is recommended that you boil it for 5 minutes in order to sterilise it.
- Before handling your cup, always wash your hands.
- There are 3 ways you can fold the Lily Cup. These are the Tampon roll fold, c-fold, and half v-fold. Try each of these and pick the one that works best for you. You will be inserting the pointed end first.
- Like a tampon, angle the cup towards your tailbone and insert it into the vaginal canal.
- Release the fold and your Lily cup will open up.
- Gently squeeze the base of the cup and rotate it slightly to ensure it has fully opened and formed a light seal with the vaginal walls.
- The cup (including the stem) should sit lower than a tampon but be completely inside the vagina.
- If you find the stem is too long for you, it can be trimmed shorter using scissors.
- Relax your body and use your vaginal muscles to gently push your cup downwards.
- Grip the stem and gently pull downwards until you can feel the base of the cup. DO NOT pull the cup out by the stem.
- Squeeze the base of the Lily Cup to release the seal.
- Pull the cup down and just before you remove it, angle it slightly to help prevent spillage.
- Discard the menstrual fluid, wash the cup, then re-insert.
How to Clean the Lily Cup:
As with all menstrual cups, you should rinse your cup with clean water each time you empty and re-insert it. Washing with a specially formulated cup wash or oil and scent free soap is particularly good at some point during each day of your cycle. Once your period is finished, sterilise your cup and allow it to completely air dry before storing.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.