JuJu Cup Reusable Menstrual Cup
The JuJu cup is the only Australian made and owned menstrual cup. In conjunction with leading ergonomists and gynaecologists, the JuJu Cup was designed in such a way as to ensure superior wearing comfort, and ease of cleaning. JuJu are committed to protecting the environment, and for this reason, they utilise low-impact silicone moulding methods throughout the production of JuJu Cups, and all packaging is made from recycled, carbon neutral paper. The Juju Cup has been awarded:
- 2013 Green Lifestyle Magazines wellbeing Product of the Year
- 2014 Telstra Business Awards Finalist
- 2014 Eco Parents Australia Product of the Year
JuJu Cup Features:
- Made from high quality medical grade silicone
- Hypo-allergenic, BPA and latex free
- Vegan and no animal testing
- Free from colours and dyes
- Grip pattern: The butterfly pattern at the base of the cup has been raised and is a matte finish for extra grip.
- Stem features nodules to provide added strength to the stem and to indicate trim points for people who may need to trim it.
- Can be worn for up to 8 hours and overnight
- Available in 4 sizes: Model 1, Model 2, Model 3 (for high cervix), Model 4 (for low cervix)
- Each Juju Cup comes with a carry pouch and detailed usage instructions
- Juju Cups are manufactured according to strict International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) Standards
- Listed in the ARTG (ID: 180153)
- Australian Made and Owned
- Each Juju Cup is packaged in plastic free recyclable cardboard which is printed using soy-based inks.
Juju Cup Sizing:
The correct size Juju cup is based on multiple factors. While childbearing history and age are the main factors, each woman’s individual anatomy may also affect which size Juju is best.
Juju Model 1: For women under 30 years of age and have not given birth.
Juju Model 2: For women over 30 years of age or women who have given birth
Juju Model 3: For women with a high cervix or long vaginal canal but who do not have weak pelvic floor muscles (please check your cervix position)
Juju Model 4: For women with a low cervix or short vaginal canal or for women who have weak pelvic floor muscles (please check your cervix position). As a general rule, the Model 4 should only be chosen if you are confident with removing a menstrual cup and are sure you have a low cervix.
Juju Cup Care and Cleaning:
Cleaning during your cycle: Wash your Juju with a fragrance-free, oil-free soap, such as the specially formulated Juju Wash. Ensure that the tiny holes at the top of the cup are clear. The holes can be cleaned by squirting water through them or carefully using a toothpick to remove any debris.
Disinfecting at the end of your cycle: At the end of your cycle, boil your Juju in a pot of water for 3-5 minutes (never boil for more than 5 minutes). You may also like to use a sterilisation product such as the Ruby Clean.
Storing your Juju between cycles: After disinfecting, thoroughly dry your Juju before putting it back in its storage bag. Always store your Juju in a ventilated area. Do not keep it in a plastic bag or airtight container, as moisture cannot evaporate without airflow, which means your cup will not dry properly. Over time you may notice some discolouration of the cup. If this occurs, you can cleanse your Juju with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, or learn more tips on how to remove menstrual cup stains.
If you notice any rips, tears, or changes in the texture of your Juju, it’s time to replace it.
Warnings and Precautions:
Consult a GP prior to using this product if you;
- have any health, medical or gynaecological concerns
- are using an Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- have experienced Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
Do not use this product during sexual intercourse. This product is not a contraceptive and will not protect against pregnancy, nor will protect against sexually transmitted infections or diseases (STI/STD). This product must not be used for post partum bleeding, following a miscarriage or a termination. Never share this product with another person.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Discontinue use of this product and consult a GP if you experience any adverse side effects.