What is the Haakaa Flow Cup?
An economical, convenient, and comfortable menstrual cup!
The Flow cup by Haakaa is the perfect alternative for women looking for a safe, simple, economical and waste free way to manage their periods. Made from 100% medical grade silicone, the Flow Cup is BPA, Chlorine, and other harsh chemical free. The Flow cup is a great all-round alternative for women at a cost effective price. It offers the same features as most other cup brands but is marginally firmer than most. It is also firmer than the Haakaa Valve cup.
Haakaa Flow Cup Features:
- 100% Medical Grade Silicone
- For every Flow cup sold, Haakaa donates one cup to a New Zealand girl in need
- This is a slightly firmer silicone cup than most other brands
- Reusable and comfortable
- Shorter stem for added comfort
- BPA, PVC, phthalate, and harsh chemical-free
- Measurement lines so you can monitor your level of flow
- Can be worn for up to 8 hours
- Economical, environmentally friendly, and easy to clean
- Each Haakaa menstrual cup comes with instructions, a cotton storage bag, and a plastic storage container
Small: Recommended for women under 30 years of age who have not given birth
Large: Recommended for women over the age of 30 who have given birth
How to use the Haakaa Flow Cup:
- Always make sure you have clean hands before touching and inserting your flow cup.
- Place your finger on the top rim of your Flow Cup and press down into the centre. This will form a triangle shape and create a smaller insertion point (also known as the ‘punch down fold’.
- With one hand, hold the folded cup firmly.
- Find a comfortable position and gently insert your cup into the vagina. Make sure you are relaxed and that you insert the cup towards the tip of your tailbone.
- Check that the cup has expanded completely after insertion by running your index finger around the base of the cup.
- Make sure you have clean hands.
- Use the stem of the cup to guide you to the base of the cup.
- Pinch the base of the Flow cup to release the suction and then gently pull down until the cup is removed.
Rinse and re-insert, or at the end of your period, wash, sterilize, and store the Flow Cup inside its case until next required.
How to Clean the Haakaa Flow Cup:
Before first use and at the end of each cycle, please sterilise your Haakaa cup.
During your cycle, simply rinse under cold water and/or wash with a mild scent-free and oil-free soap. You may also wash the Haakaa with any brand of menstrual cup wash.
- DO NOT use any bleach-based cleaners.
- Store in a dry, cool place and avoid storing in direct sunlight.
Check the condition of your Haakaa cup regularly and replace it if there are any signs of damage.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.