The FemmyCycle is a receptacle placed inside the vagina to collect blood and cellular debris that is exuded from the uterus during menstruation. Unlike traditional menstrual cups, the FemmyCycle features a no-spill foldable rim that eliminates the mess of removal and provides better leak protection. Simply unfold the rim to empty and clean. A ring replaces the traditional stiff stem, significantly increasing comfort, and making removal easier. The FemmyCycle menstrual cup can be kept inserted for up to 12 hours, depending on each individuals level of menstrual flow. The FemmyCycle is a little bit softer than the other Silicone menstrual cups.
- 100% Soft Medical Grade Silicone
- Invented by a doctor
- Patented no-spill design for less mess
- Ring stem for comfort and easier removal
- Up to 12 hours of protection
- Reusable and last for up to 2 years – saves money and the environment
- Free from Latex, BPA, or animal products
- Each FemmyCycle comes with its own storage bag
- Made in the USA
- FDA Cleared
Before choosing a FemmyCycle size, you will need to know the position of your cervix. This is best done during your cycle since your cervix position can change, often sitting lower during the first few days of your cycle.
Teen: Perfect for teens, smaller bodied women, and those with lighter menstrual cycles.
Regular: If your finger is inserted as far as it will go and you do not feel your cervix or if your finger is inserted as far as it will go, but you can just touch your cervix, then the Regular FemmyCycle is the best size. The Regular size was also designed for women who have given birth or have heavier menstrual cycles.
Low Cervix: If you can ONLY insert your finger until the SECOND knuckle (2″), the best choice for you is the Low Cervix FemmyCycle.
Please Note: The FemmyCycle cannot be used with a very low cervix. That is, any lower than 2 knuckle lengths (or less than 2″), or with any degree of prolapse.
A few tips when using the FemmyCycle:
The FemmyCyle is a different design to many other menstrual cup brands and therefore needs to be used a little differently in order for it to work best. The following are a few tips that are important to consider when using this particular cup:
- When inserting, Pinch the Rim of the cup together firmly in order to trap air within the cup.
- Fold the rim at the ‘notch’ (which you will notice on the outside rim of the cup) into a “U” shape while continuing to grip it firmly.
- Insert the FemmyCycle with the “U” facing upwards. In other words, the ‘valley’ of the fold should be facing upwards as you insert it.
- One inserted, let go of the cup so the rim can pop open. Unlike other brands of cups, the FemmyCycle is NOT designed to pop open fully. This will create suction to draw the flow into the device.
Cleaning the FemmyCycle:
The FemmyCycle is simple to clean, and can be done a few different ways. Most often, all you need to do is use a mild, scent free soap and water. After emptying your cup, simply use the soap to clean the cup, and then rinse thoroughly before re-inserting. If you would prefer to sterilize your cup, then you can do so before and after your period. Soak your FemmyCycle in white vinegar with hot water (1 part (25%) vinegar and 3 parts (75%) water) for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly afterwards and allow the cup to air dry completely before storing away.
We also stock a range of menstrual cup friendly cleansers which can be used to clean your FemmyCycle during your period.
- Do not use FemmyCycle is you have ever had Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
- If you use an Intrauterine Device (IUD), it is recommended that you first discuss using this product with your doctor.
- Do not use FemmyCycle during sexual intercourse. It is not a contraceptive and will not protect against pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Keep product away from children and animals.
- Cannot be used with a cervix that is less than 2″ from the vaginal opening or with any degree of prolapse.